23.6.10

ride (verb): to move along in any way; be carried or supported


went home for father's day.
and it was super fantastic.

my dad was really surprised.

a half hour before i left to head back up to wisconsin, i begged my dad to take me on a motorcycle ride.
i have been riding with my dad since i was little, and i also use to ride with my grandpa from when i was about 8 until he passed away almost 5 years ago.
there is something so great about being on the back of a harley.
its a totally different perspective of everything around you compared to being in a car shielded from what surrounds you.
and my dad and i had the best conversation ever while riding.
he said to me, "i really love that you are so passionate about taking rides with me. it helps me continue what i did with my dad."
and i said, "no problem dad. i just love it so much. its an amazing way of taking time to reflect, and just soak in life and how great God's creation is. even if we live in a fast paced suburb of chicago."
he said, "as your father, i am so proud of you for what you are doing this summer. as a fort board member, i thank you for taking your time to serve others."
i started to cry.
just being so grateful for life, and to see that the really rough childhood moments and things and struggles have taken me to this place now where all i ever want to do is love and serve and be a servant of the Lord and just do missions for the rest of my life.
and being on that harley with my dad, helped me sort of take some time to reflect and spend time with the Lord.

i will forever live to ride. and continue to live my life for the Lord and listen to his callings for my life.

one of those callings, is Mexico. i feel like i talk about it so much, but i think i do that because God has really put that on my heart.
and yesterday, was my sponsor child Dalia's 9th Birthday. and i have been sponsoring her since she was 5 months old. so you can do the math. basically her whole life. and to reflect on that just fills my heart with so much joy.

God is good. God continues to provide. and He continues to LOVE us and meet us wherever we are at.

5 comments:

  1. Jesus and Moses are sitting in a boat fishing and Jesus says to Moses, "I want to do a miracle like in the good old days!" and Moses says, "Sure!"
    So Jesus gets up and says, "I think I will walk on the water, that was always a good one!" So Jesus walks over to the edge of the boat stands on the water and sinks like a stone.
    Moses drags Jesus back into the boat and revives him. Moses then says, "What happened?"
    "I think it's the holes in my feet!" Jesus replied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God?

    -Epicurus, 341 BC, Samos – 270 BC, Athens

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike."
    --Huang Po

    ReplyDelete
  4. "It isn't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand."
    --Mark Twain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why choose to live in a box restricting of all intellectual knowledge that the world has to present itself without the use or knowing of a false spiritual deity.

    ReplyDelete